Home Learning

During our time away from school, here are a number of resources that you are welcome to use with your first graders! These are all optional, but I wanted to share them with you in case you are looking for home learning ideas.

Check out our Google Classroom for additional resources and learning!

Check out Epic for hundreds of Amazing books your child can read!

Class Log In Instructions

1. Go to www.getepic.com/students
  2. Log in with your class code: kex2773
  3. Select their name and they’re in!

Scholastic

Follow this link to access Scholastic’s resources!

Mystery Science

Click this link to access free science videos and lessons for your child! We use these at our school, so I would highly recommend the content in these videos.

Virtual Field Trips

Your students can go on over 30 virtual field trips to places like the San Diego Zoo, Mars, and the Great Wall of China by following the links in this document. Happy travels!

Keeping a Routine

I know that sometimes keeping a schedule or routine at home is less than easy, but if you are interested in following a set routine for each day, here is a great sample schedule I’ve seen floating around lately.

If your child has finished their learning packets and you would like some extra resources you can print these out for them!

Learning Packet

Math Practice:

Mo Willems’ Lunch Doodles

Hop onto this youtube page every day at 1:00 pm to doodle and learn from author Mo Willems! Here’s the first episode, and you can subscribe to the channel to see future episodes each day.

Time for Kids

Click this link for interesting articles for kids!