Week 9!

Notes For Parents:

•  Please keep encouraging your child to complete our daily homework of reading 30 minutes a day and filling out their reading log.
  • Please encourage your child to practice their multiplication facts. This skill is key to moving forward in math!
  • Thank you to the parents who donated to help make our Fall party such a success!
  • If you have extra headphones your child could bring to school they can use them during technology time which will be helpful with some of the apps we are using.

Weekly Highlights:

Math: This week we learned the short cut method in multiplying 2-digit by 2 digit numbers.

Writing: We are working on creating first drafts of our realistic fiction stories. I am so impressed by the stories that are developing!

Reading: This week we worked on creating word banks and learned how to use context, pictures and other clues to define unknown words in nonfiction texts. We continued to work on summarizing nonfiction text.

Photos: We had the best time at our Fall Party this year. Students worked together to create pumpkin stands using a set amount of supplies. The object was to create a structure that would hold the weight of a small pumpkin. I loved to see the team work and creativity of this project. Next we painted pumpkins, I have never seen my students so focused, it was awesome! We played Halloween Bingo and had some yummy treats! The day was quite the success!

4th Grade Family Time:

Mindful Masker: Zach!

Quote of the Week: “Be yourself because everyone else is already taken.” goes to: Hailey !