Notes for Parents
- VALENTINES PARTY: We will be having our Valentines Day party Friday, February, 14th from 12:30-1:45. Please sign up here if you would like to volunteer to run a game or a craft or bring a snack for the party. If you have already attended one of our Holiday Parties this year I ask that you wait 24 hours before signing up so everyone who would like to attend a party with their child can!
- Please make sure that you are sending your child with a winter jacket, snow pants, hat, mittens, and snow boots each day!
- We love and so appreciate all the help that we have gotten from parent helpers! Please check out this link if you would like to be a take home book helper! We need some spots to be filled and would greatly appreciate the help!
- Scholastic Book Club orders are due January 31st.
- See Mrs. Reagan’s blog for more information on PK/K registration for younger siblings for the 2020-2021 school year!
This quote of the week went to Evan for always bringing a smile to other students!
Happy Belated birthday to our friend Zander!
Zander’s dad was our Mystery Reader this week! He read some silly books that the kids absolutely loved!
Reading– This week we looked more carefully at characters in our book. We looked at character traits by noticing things that we see on the outside and on the inside of a character. Students took a closer look at the characters in their own books.
Writing – Students began writing reviews on one of their favorite things. Students choose to write about things like their favorite sport, subject in school, animal, or food. They worked to write three different reasons to support why what they choose was the best.
Math – We continued with our math switches this week. We worked on adding numbers to make teen totals. We used the clap and count up method. We also worked on learning our doubles by learning the doubles rap. Friday we too a quick quiz to check understanding. These will be sent home next week!
Word Study – Students worked on their snap word power! We practiced reading snap words in our books confidently. We also used our word walls to help us solve longer, trickier words.
- Monday, January 20
- Tuesday, January 21
- Wednesday, January 22
- Thursday, January23
- Friday, January 24
Thank you parents for all you do to support your children! They really are SOARING at Georgetown and they couldn’t do it without all of YOU! Have a safe, restful weekend!